Friday, October 5, 2007

Breathing is good

I've been fighting a cold for about a week and a half now, and this morning I woke up, able to breathe pretty much normally. What a great feeling! Amazing how, in the space of a week, I could forget how wonderful breathing normally is. Actually, that's probably backwards; when I couldn't breathe properly, I was very much aware of how wonderful it was, I just couldn't experience it. But today, I can. Deeeep breath in, and allll the way out. Oh, yeah, that's good! I will, no doubt, take it entirely for granted in a little while, but for now, I'm very appreciative.

But it's not just my lungs that can breathe again; over the past few months, I had gotten myself in over my head on a project that didn't turn out the way I'd expected it to; in fact, it had begun pulling me in a direction that I didn't want to go. It seemed like a good idea when I started, but it just got to be more than I could handle. I was making compromises that were not comfortable for me, and I was getting pretty cranky about it! I finally had to admit that I just couldn't breathe, and I took on a more manageable role. Others will pick up where I left off, and they will be more capable than I of seeing it through.

Breathing is good on all counts.

No comments: