Saturday, October 6, 2007

Jens Pind again?

I'm not sure if it's going to take hold of me this time, but it's tickling the back of my mind again. Yeah, I'm thinking a graduated chain, and I'm already working out the math in my head. Jens Pind isn't very forgiving; the rings have to be the right size or it just won't hold its shape. And if I'm going to make it, I want it to be smooth; there is nothing worse than a graduated chain that jumps from size to size! They only work when they increase so gradually that it actually surprises you to realize that the center is that much larger around than the ends.

I don't know if this will be something that reaches fruition soon, or if it will go back into the recesses of my mind to perk again. It's been up here before, but thinking about the mathematics of it is new. All I know is that today it's so close that I can almost see it. Not quite clearly enough to take out paper and pencil and make the calculations, but just there enough to make me want to figure out the formulas I'll need to use.

If I make it, that is.

No comments: